County Highway 19 (Woodbury Drive)
During construction, Washington County will send out updates on construction activity. The updates will provide information on work that happened throughout the week and an update on the schedule for the following week. In addition, when applicable, there will be photos, maps, and other information so that residents and business owners can stay informed on the progress.
If you would like to get these updates via email when they are available, sign up using the link to the right.
All updates will also be posted on this page.
Dale Road east of Woodbury Drive will be closed through the middle of the summer. Please follow the posted detour route shown below.
2021 Construction Updates
The Metropolitan Council is also repairing their sanitary sewer mainline on the west side of County Highway 19, north of Atlas Trail. With the advance work happening, we encourage drivers to slow down and exercise caution when using County Highway 19 between Bailey Road and Dale Road. For more information regarding the Metropolitan Council Project, please visit their website.
Bailey Road and Woodbury Drive roundabout will have some lane restrictions throughout construction. The roundabout will remain open, and all movements are anticipated to be maintained throughout the project.
- County Highway 19 (Woodbury Drive) between County Highway 18 (Bailey Road) and Dale Road
- Improve traffic operations
- Increase capacity with a 4-lane divided design
- Improve safety at Dale Road
- Improve pedestrian accessibility and safety
- Improve drainage
- Protect existing utilities
- Gain community and agency acceptance
Central Greenway Regional Trail
- The Central Greenway Regional Trail is a future trail in Washington County that will provide a 30-mile connection between three of the region’s premier regional park facilities.
- The proposed route for the south segment will mostly follow County Road 19 from Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park to Interstate 94. Much of this trail is already built, including the segment that is between I-94 and Tamarack Rd. A copy of the trails master plan can be found here.
|May 2018 - June 2019||Public Involvement & Preliminary Design|
|July 2019 - December 2020||Final Design/Right of Way|
|Spring 2021||Bid Letting & Construction|