Middle St Croix Valley Regional Trail Master Plan
Washington County is hosting an online engagement for the Middle St. Croix Valley Regional Trail master plan – a future multiuse trail that will run through eastern Washington County from Downtown Afton to the St. Croix Boom Site in Stillwater. Read on...
In 2022, Washington County is leading a master plan process for the Middle St Croix Valley Regional Trail - a document that will guide the future development of a multiuse trail that will run through eastern Washington County.
The future trail will feature vital connections to local trails, parks, schools, and businesses in the St. Croix River Valley.
Master Plan Process
Master plans are a product of collaboration with the community and agency stakeholders that delivers a comprehensive vision for the development of a future trail.
The regional trail master plan will provide the planning and implementation guidance for the future trail route alignment, right-of-way needs, trail amenities, natural resource management, and maintenance objectives.
Washington County is leading a process to engage stakeholders and the public throughout 2022. The input received will inform the future improvements proposed in the master plan.
Please view the online engagement and/or take this survey and provide input on the project vision and priorities:
- Online Engagement - September 14-30
- Middle St Croix Valley Regional Trail Master Plan - Engagement Survey
Community members are welcomed and encouraged to share feedback throughout the master planning process by attending one of our engagement opportunities or by emailing Connor Schaefer, Senior Planner.
Additional public engagement opportunities will be posted on this project webpage as they are scheduled.
Upcoming public engagement opportunities
- 9/14 - Open House at Afton-Lakeland Elementary School gymnasium (475 St Croix Trail S, Lakeland, MN 55043) from 5 - 7 p.m. (no formal presentation)
Past engagement events attended by project team
- 6/9 & 6/15 - Learn to Ride Event
- 6/29 - Elected Official Engagement
- 7/14 - Lumberjack Days Kickoff Community Ice Cream Social at the Washington County Historic Courthouse
- 7/27 - Pop-up event at Selma's Ice Cream Parlor
- 8/2 - Heritage Day at Lake St Croix Beach
- 8/3 - Washington County Fair