Highway 36 & Lake Elmo Avenue Improvement Project
- Intersection of Trunk Highway 36 and Lake Elmo Avenue (County State Aid Highway 17) located in the Cities of Grant and Lake Elmo
- Address the existing deficiencies, including the inadequate intersection spacing, increased congestion and delays, and safety concerns
- Improve safety, capacity, and operation of the TH 36 and Lake Elmo Avenue (County Highway 17) intersection and surrounding area
- Utilize a comprehensive agency and public engagement process to achieve community acceptance
- Maintain the long-term transportation goals of MnDOT, Washington County, the Cities of Grant and Lake Elmo
- Consider bicycle, pedestrian, and ADA facilities along the Lake Elmo Avenue (County Highway 17) corridor
Subscribe to Project Updates
Sign up for email alerts to be the first to know about project updates and other ways to be involved in the project by clicking on the button below.
Purpose and Need (June 6, 2022)
Washington County, in partnership with MnDOT and the Cities of Grant and Lake Elmo, is asking for the public’s feedback on a draft Purpose and Need Document and draft Evaluation Criteria for potential improvements to the intersection of Highway 36 and County Highway 17.
The draft Purpose and Need Document and draft Evaluation Criteria have been prepared as part of the environmental documentation phase of the project and will be used to help evaluate alternatives for improvements.
The information provided here is a summary of a longer technical report.
Visit our online open house anytime June 6, 2022 – June 21, 2022 to review the information and provide comments by clicking on the button below. There will be no formal presentation or discussion during the online engagement.
Open House #1 (November 9, 2021)
An online engagement was also available to view the materials that were shown at the in-person open house and provide feedback.
|2021 - 2022||Scoping and Preliminary Design|
|2023 - 2024||Final Design|