Thank you for taking this opportunity to nominate your outstanding licensed family child care provider.
Quality child care is a vital part of our community! Early Child Care Professionals support working parents and employers while making it possible for children to grow and learn in a safe, healthy environment. Washington County is seeking nominations for the 2020 Washington County Family Child Care Provider of the Year.
Washington County Board of Commissioners and Community Services annually recognizes two licensed family child care providers for special distinction. The licensed family child care providers may be honored at a banquet sponsored by the Minnesota Licensed Family Child Care Association (MLFCCA). The honoree's names are published in the Caring and Sharing newsletter that is distributed to child care professionals throughout Washington County. Regional and local newspapers receive information about the providers of the year to reinforce how essential child care is to our community and to honor them locally.
If your licensed family child care provider shows a commitment to children, families, and the community and provides outstanding, quality care, please take the time to complete the nomination form below. The more description and information you provide to paint a picture of what your child and provider does during the day, the better chances he/she may be provider of the year!
If you have any questions about this form, please contact Washington County Licensing Unit at 651-430-6577.
A person who is licensed by the county to care for children in their home.
1. Actively licensed provider for a minimum of three years, who has not previously received this award within the last 10 years. This three-year minimum is prior to the nomination deadline.
2. Exhibits special competency as a child care provider.
3. Promotes in-home licensed child care in his/her community.
4. Demonstrates professional skills in child care and in the community activities.
5. Has made a positive impact on the lives of the young children.
6. Has future goals to further enhance her/his competency as a child care provider.
7. Does not have any pending negative licensing action in process and is not on a conditional license or in
8. Has not had any substantiated complaints or potential disqualifiers on the license holder within the last 5 years specific to: supervision, behavior guidance, over capacity, infant sleep environment, sanitation, and health.
Nominations can also be received by mailing to Washington County Licensing Unit, P.O. Box 30, Stillwater, MN 55082-0030 or emailing to ComSvsCCLicensing@co.washington.mn.us.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field