Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
How Do I...
Washington County Forms
Select a Category
Adult Foster Care Licensing
Child Care Licensing
Child Foster Care Licensing
County Attorney's Office
Public Health and Environment
Public Works - Transportation - Comments
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Child Care Orientation Quiz
Sign in to Save Progress
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
How did you hear about Family Child Care Licensing?
1. How often does best practice recommend that a provider check on a newly enrolled, sleeping infant?
A. Every 5 minutes
B. Every 15 minutes
C. Every 30 minutes
D. When it is time for the infant to wake up
2. Your policies may be in any preferred format but they must include all required details.
3. Safe sleep for infants in child care allows for what object to be in a crib with an infant?
A. Bumper pad
D. Pacifier with no attachments
4. You must maintain all required forms and records for all enrolled children in your program and make them available for your licensor's review at any type of visit.
5. What is the maximum temperature of water in sinks and tubs accessible to children?
A. 120 degrees
B. 100 degrees
C. 130 degrees
D. No maximum
6. Which pets are allowed in the home of a family child care?
Check all that apply.
7. Each family child care provider must have a written emergency preparedness plan for emergencies that require evacuation, shelter, or other protection of children.
8. How often must fire and storm drills be completed and documented for a licensed family child care provider?
C. Every 6 months
9. Your own children, younger than 11, do not count towards your capacity.
10. A substitute in a family child care home is limited to a cumulative total of not more than how many hours annually?
A. 150 hours
B. 500 hours
C. 1,000 hours
D. 2,080 hours
11. Your licensor may inspect all areas of your home/property, whether used for child care or not.
12. Which requirements must a substitute fulfill prior to providing care?
A. Review program policies and procedures
B. Complete a background study
C. Submit a physician's statement of ability to provide care
D. Take required training
E. All of the above
13. My licensing worker is here to help me. I should contact them for assistance with the requirements of a substitute caregiver before allowing the substitute to provide care.
14. Supervision means a caregiver being within sight or hearing of any infant, toddler, or preschooler at all times so the caregiver is capable of intervening to protect the health and safety of the child.
15. The minimum equipment needed for an infant is a crib, portable crib, or playpen.
16. Where should you send your license application form?
A. The Department of Human Services
B. Your County Licensing Agency
C. The Department of Labor & Industry
D. Your County Public Health Department
17. A background study must be completed prior to an individual residing in your home.
18. If you do not demonstrate compliance with all applicable licensing rules and statutes during your annual visit, which of the following actions may be taken by your licensor?
A. Technical assistance provided
B. Fix-It Ticket issued
C. Correction Order issued
D. Licensing action, including Fine, Conditional License, Temporary Immediate Suspension
D. Any of the above
19. What are the things that licensors monitor in licensed family child care?
B. Health, Safety, & Ratios
C. Background Studies
D. Physical/Facility Standards
E. All of the above
20. You will need to take 18 hours of training every year.
21. If you are planning on having five child care children and two of your own children, how much usable indoor space is required to get licensed?
A. 700 square feet
B. 245 square feet
C. 500 square feet
D. 950 square feet
22. A newborn is birth to 8 weeks old.
23. What items are required to have in your home to become licensed?
B. Carbon Monoxide Detectors
D. Cabinet Locks
24. You need to take CPR and Pediatric First Aid every two years.
25. What possible items would need to be inspected prior to licensing?
A. Furnace and water heater
B. Storage of chemicals
C. Play area for animal feces
D. Inside garbage/trash
E. All of the above
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
Submit and Print
* indicates a required field
Parks and Open Space
Property and Taxation
Property & Home
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow