Who can use child support services?

The following people may use child support services:

  • Parents of minor children if one parent does not live with the child
  • Parents who pay court-ordered child support
  • People who have court-ordered physical custody of a minor child.
  • People who receive public assistance in the form of cash assistance, medical assistance, MinnesotaCare, and/or child care assistance for a minor child who lives in their home

Show All Answers

1. Who can receive child support?
2. What services are not available?
3. Who can use child support services?
4. After I apply, what else must I do?
5. If I apply for child support services, do I have any rights?