Do I need to have Medical Assistance to qualify?

You do not need to have MA to be eligible for grant funds but the family support grant should always be used last payer, if you are on MA and it covers a service or your private insurance is able to cover it. You may be asked to provide documentation that show denials off coverage from MA and/or your private insurance before getting approved.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a case manager in order to receive the Family Support Grant?
2. Can I use this with PCA services, CSG program, or the while on a waiver?
3. What if I’m eligible at the moment but waiting to get PCA services, CSG, or waivered services set up – can I use this while I wait?
4. How long does it take to get approved for the grant?
5. What if the person is eligible for all of the criteria besides the child still live at home and is over 25?
6. Do I need to have Medical Assistance to qualify?
7. Can I use this program more than once?
8. What if I have more than one child in the home that qualifies?
9. When do you receive the monthly checks? Can I pick it up?