County Highway 33 (Everton Avenue)
- The project is located in the City of Forest Lake, west of Trunk Highway 35. County Highway 33 will be reconstructed from County Highway 2 (Broadway Avenue) to 220th Street North and County Highway 2 (Broadway Avenue) will be rehabilitated from the Washington County Line (Lyons Street / Elmcrest Avenue) to 19th Street.
Washington County began studying the County Highway 33 (Everton Avenue) Corridor in the Spring of 2020. Through two public virtual open houses (available to review on the Public Involvement tab) and a detailed study of the corridor, Washington County and the City of Forest Lake have reached a preferred alternative for the corridor. The project aims to improve traffic capacity, safety and operations and provide pedestrians and bicyclists a multi-use trail along the corridor. The project will also include pavement rehabilitation along County Highway 2 (Broadway Avenue) between the Washington County Line (Lyons Street / Elmcrest Avenue) and 19th Street. As the project moves into final design, the following improvements are being proposed:
- Improve traffic operations
- Increase capacity with a 3-lane roadway configuration with two through lanes and a center left turn
- Signal upgrades at County Highway 33 and County Highway 2
- Improve safety at County Highway 33 and the Menards access
- Right turn lanes at County Highway 33 and 19th Street
- Improve pedestrian and bicycle accessibility and safety
- Improve surface water management
- Improve and extend the life of the pavement on County Highway 2
Subscribe for Project Updates
Sign up for email alerts to be the first to know about project updates and other ways to be involved in the project by clicking on the button below.
Online Engagement #2 (February 19, 2021)
In light of the COVID‐19 situation, this open house was in an online format. Please click on the link below to view the online open engagement.
Online Open House #1 (June 22, 2020)
In light of the COVID‐19 situation, this open house was in an online format. Please click on the link below to view the online open house.
|Spring 2020||Preliminary Design|
|Spring 2021||Final Design/Right of Way|