County Highway 13 (Ideal Avenue) Phase 2
An online project update on the proposed improvements to Ideal Avenue (County Highway 13) between County Highway 14 (34th Street) and 44th Street is now available for viewing until January 26. Read on...
Washington County is leading a project to identify and construct road improvements on County Highway 13. This second phase of the project is part of a larger project to improve the pavement and safety of Ideal Avenue/Olson Lake Trail between Stillwater Blvd. and 50th Street. The first phase of the project was constructed in 2017, the second phase of the project is planned for construction in 2022, and the third phase of this project is planned for construction in 2023.
The area north of the 4Front campus (Former 3M property) is planned for development including single and multi-family housing and open space/parks. More information related to this proposed development can be found here. This road project will consider future growth in traffic volumes due to this proposed development.
- Phase 2 - Ideal Avenue (County Highway 13) from County Highway 14 (34th Street) to 44th Street in the Cities of Oakdale and Lake Elmo
- Improve intersection controls and safety of intersecting streets between 36th and 44th Streets
- Improve and extend the life of the pavement
- Improve surface water drainage
- Continue the north-south trail segments along the west side of the road
- New signing and striping
Online Update (January 12, 2021)
Open House #1 (March 18, 2020)
The Open House for the County Highway 13 (Ideal Avenue) Phase 2 Project on March 18th, 2020 was cancelled due to COVID-19. The information from the planned open house is available below.
Information from the Open House:
|2019||Preliminary Design and Public Engagement|