Explore Your Parks Day: Washington County Parks host a variety of free programs, outdoor demonstrations countywide June 3
The Washington County Commissioners invite the public to Explore Your Parks Saturday, June 3.
Bike, hike, fish, run, swim, read, view wildlife, visit playgrounds and do much more. The vehicle fee is waived this day in all Washington County Parks. Free outdoor recreation demonstrations and nature programming will be offered at park locations county-wide, including celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Washington County Historic Courthouse.
Events June 3 include:
- Big Marine Park Reserve: StoryStroll 9:30 a.m. with a librarian guided stroll for 30 minutes. Afterwards the story will be self-guided and remain displayed until 7 p.m.
- Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park: Unfortunately, this park is closed to the public due to restoration and construction work. No planned activities at this location.
- Hardwood Creek Regional Trail: Self-guided hiking, biking, in-line skating, and horseback riding along converted railroad line connecting communities of Hugo, Forest Lake, and Wyoming (9.5 miles) of paved trail; adjacent turf trail for horseback riding.
- Historic Courthouse: Historic Stairs Fitness Hike at 9 a.m. meets on the front stairs; Civil War Exhibit Grand Opening 9 a.m.; 150th Anniversary Community Social 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Lake Elmo Park Reserve: Outdoor Yoga Demonstrations noon to 12:20 p.m., 12:30-12:50 p.m., 1 p.m.-1:20 p.m., meet at the South Picnic Pavilion; bring a mat; if rain, class will be under the pavilion. Guided Bird Hike 9 a.m. meets at the Nordic Center. Introduction to Archery by A-1 Archery Pros at the Archery Range 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Campfire Program 7:15 p.m. Something's Fishy! Presented by Leave No Trace - MN Chapter at the outdoor amphitheater in the modern campground.
- Pine Point Regional Park: Free entrance.
- Point Douglas Regional Park: Stand-Up Paddleboard (SUP) Demonstration noon to 3 p.m. by Prescott Paddle Co.
- Square Lake Regional Park: Stand-Up Paddleboard Yoga Demonstration 9 - 9:20 a.m., 9:30 - 9:50 a.m., 10 - 10:20 a.m., departs near the boat launch.
- St. Croix Bluffs Regional Park: Campfire Program 7:15 p.m. Reptiles, presented by Remarkable Reptiles at the outdoor amphitheater in the modern campground.
All programs are free and equipment will be provided, unless stated otherwise.
All children younger than 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Events will be held rain or shine; however, in the case of severe weather, programs will be cancelled.
Find Washington County Parks on Facebook at Washington County Parks | Official,
on Twitter @WashCoParksMN and @WashCoTrails, and on Instagram @WashCoParksMN.