Environmental Center Resumes Drop-off Service
We are pleased to share that the Washington County Environmental Center has resumed drop-off service for household hazardous waste, recycling, and food scraps. The Free Product Room remains closed at this time.
To ensure the health and safety of staff and customers, we are making the following changes to our drop-off procedures.
COVID-19 DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
These new procedures may result in longer wait times. Thank you for your patience.
- Please stay in your vehicle. No exceptions.
- Waste must be in your trunk, rear of SUV, or cargo bed. Do not put waste in the passenger area. If we cannot unload your waste without significant entry into cabin of the vehicle you will be asked to drive to the front parking lot and reorganize the items before returning to the line.
- Keep items you do not want us to take separate from items you are dropping off.
- Please provide your zip code to the attendant through a cracked window. No driver’s license is required.
- Please wear a face covering during drop-off. Staff are wearing face coverings for your protection.
- Any items left behind are items not accepted.
New! Food Scraps (organics) drop-off is now self-serve. The dumpsters will be located in the front parking lot and available for self-serve drop-off during normal operating hours. Please stay at least 6 feet away from other customers during drop-off. Replacement bags are provided. To ensure there are enough bags for everyone, please only take the number of bags you drop off. Self-serve drop-off is also available at the Northern Yard Waste Site. Questions? Visit the website
or call 651-275-7475.