The Washington County Board of Commissioners invites Commissioner District 4 residents who are interested in serving as an interim board member to submit a letter of interest to the county administrator by Wednesday, March 7, 2018.
The county board seeks individuals who are interested in county government and its operations. The individual should be able to devote the time required to successfully represent the residents of District 4, including attendance at weekly board meetings and at assigned county and regional boards and commissions. The county board may prefer to appoint an individual who is not interested in running for the position at the next election in November. Interested individuals should be prepared to discuss whether they intend to run at the upcoming election. The county board reserves the right to limit the number of individuals who will be interviewed for the position.
Key events and timeline:
- Letters of interest must be received by mail or in person by 4:30 p.m. March 7, 2018, to be considered. Letters may be mailed to or dropped off at:
Molly O’Rourke, County Administrator
5th Floor, Washington County Government Center
14949 62nd Street North
Stillwater, MN 55082
- A review of the letters of interest will be completed at a County Board workshop on March 13, 2018.
- Interviews will take place at the time of the public hearing on March 20, 2018.
- The County Board hopes to make an appointment following the public hearing on March 20, 2018.
- The term ends when the election certificate is issued to the successful candidate of the November Election for County Commissioner District 4.