Contact and Locations

By Telephone

  • Emergency Calls (Police-Fire-Medical 24 hours): 9-1-1
  • Non-Emergency Dispatch (24-hour): 651-439-9381
  • Administration (Business hours): 651-430-7601
    • Sheriff, Chief Deputy, Conduct and Standards, and Accounting
    • Records (Business hours): 651-430-7600 
    • Email Records at 
    • Sheriff's Office reports / records, gun permits, etc: 651-430-7600
    • Investigation Unit (Business Hours): 651-430-7800
    • Crime Tip Line and Narcotics Unit (24 hours): 651-430-7850
    • Civil Process (Business hours): 651-430-7675
    • Warrants (24 hours): 651-430-7998
    • Jail (24 hours): 651-430-7900

By Mail

Washington County Sheriff's Office
Law Enforcement Center
15015 62nd Street North
P.O. Box 3801
Stillwater, Minnesota 55082-3801

By Email

Send questions or other email comments to the Sheriff's Office. Email is answered during normal business hours. Please do not send emergency reports or anything needing immediate attention by email.

In Person

Directions to the Washington County Law Enforcement Center

  1. From the Twin Cities, follow Highway 36 East to Stillwater.
  2. Once in Stillwater / Oak Park Heights, follow Highway 36 to Osgood Avenue and turn North.
  3. Follow Osgood Avenue two blocks to 62nd Street and turn right.
  4. Follow 62nd Street two blocks.
  5. Turn right at the first stop sign (Panama Avenue).
  6. Panama leads directly into the Law Enforcement Center parking lot (Lot C). The Law Enforcement Center is on the East end of the Government Center / Courthouse complex.

Other Police Departments

Washington County is served by multiple law enforcement agencies. In the event of an emergency, or any active event that requires a response, call 9-1-1 immediately regardless of the incident location. Please be aware that 9-1-1 calls from a cell phone may be initially answered by the Minnesota State Patrol, particularly if standing/driving close to an interstate.

To inquire about police reports or other administrative functions of a city police department, please contact that agency directly. For incidents occurring on an interstate or state highway, please contact the Minnesota State Patrol.