Service of Civil Papers


The Washington County Sheriff's Office serves many different types of papers: Summons & Complaints, Conciliation Small Claims, Subpoenas, Summons & Petition Dissolution of Marriage, etc. Papers for service may be brought or mailed to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office. Prepayment is required and basic service fee is $70.00 per person. All checks should be made out to Washington County Sheriff's Office.
Washington County Sheriff’s Office 
Attn: Civil Division 
15015 62nd Street North
Stillwater, MN 55082 

  • Provide full address for the party being served;
  • Certificate of service (if successful) or non-service (if unsuccessful) will be returned to the plaintiff. Be sure to include your name & address.
  • Any papers served on an inmate in prison must also be served on the Warden of that prison. You must provide two copies of the paperwork and a check for $140.00