The Washington County Civil Unit receives, serves, and executes all civil processes and orders within Washington County in the manner prescribed by law.
All requests for service must include advanced payment and an instructional letter to the Sheriff’s Office.
Self Help Resources
- HRA - Washington County Housing and Redevelopment Authority - Foreclosure Sale Counseling and Assistance
651-458-0936, ext. 542
- Landlord and Tenants: Rights and Responsibilities - Office of the MN Attorney General - www.ag.state.mn.us
- Law Library - Offers free civil advice clinics to current Washington County residents or a party to a Washington County court case.
- Legal Assistance of Washington County - Family Law Issues, Divorce, Paternity, Consumer / Debts, Wills
- Minnesota Judicial Branch - Self Help Center - Various resources offered
- Minnesota Statutes Laws and Rule
- Property Records and Taxpayer Services - Parcel Information
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, St. Paul - Landlord / Tenant, Government Benefits
- Tubman - Domestic Abuse Counseling, Orders for Protection
- Sheriff’s Office Website - Gun Permits, Jail Info, Crime Prevention, Press Releases
- Administration: 651-430-7601
- Jail: 651-430-7900
- Records Unit: 651-430-7600
- Civil Unit: 651-430-7675