The Washington County Sheriff's Office provides internships for undergraduate college or university students who are enrolled in an educational institution that has a structured internship program.
The purpose of the internship program is to allow students an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the fields of law enforcement and public safety. Internships allow students the opportunity to further explore careers in these fields. Internships are available for students majoring in: law enforcement; criminal justice or criminology, crime analysis or public safety administration. Interns are not paid and the internship must be completed within six months. Applications for summer internships must be submitted by March, 31, 2017.
- Interns must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution which has a structured internship program.
- The internship must be taken for credit or grade.
- Future career plans are to work in law enforcement, corrections, crime analysis or law enforcement administration.
- Pass a background investigation and criminal history check
- Complete an internship application
- Submit a writing sample. Suggested topics are included in the internship application.
- Letter of interest which includes: current educational institution, address, internship adviser, advisor telephone number, and the student's future career goals.
- Number of hours desired for the internship
- Dates the student will be available
- Application materials are due no later than March 31, 2017
Washington County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Sgt. Rebecca Broome
15015 62nd St. N.
P.O. Box 3801
Stillwater, MN 55082
You may also email materials to: email@example.com.
Upon receipt of the letter, the student will be contacted with further information.
For more information, contact Washington County Sheriff Office - Administration Division at 651-430-7601.