Workforce Development Division
To provide employment services and training options that connect employers and job seekers through community partnerships and technology.
CareerForce locations in Cottage Grove, Forest Lake, and Woodbury are currently not available for in-person services. Hiring events and workshops are being offered virtually.
For public review and comment - Local-Regional Plan Draft - 2021Comments can be directed to: Rick Roy | Workforce & Veteran Services Division Manager
April is Tech Month - check out events on the CareerForce website
Week of April 11, 2021
||9:30 - 11am
10 - 11am
2:30 - 3:30pm
2 - 5pm
||10am - 11:30am
10:30am - 12:30pm
|Thurs, 4/15/2021||9:30 - 11am||
Job Search Sites
WorkshopsProvides the most up-to-date job search and career assessment workshops. Open to any job seeker - register for workshops and Class Descriptions.
TrainingsNOW (Non-Traditional Opportunities for Women)
|Job Search Resources|
In 2020, new federal law expanded unemployment insurance. You may now be eligible if any of the following are true:
- Your employer permanently or temporarily laid you off due to coronavirus measures
- Your employer reduced your work hours due to coronavirus measures
- You are self-employed and have lost income due to coronavirus measures
- You’re quarantined and can’t work due to coronavirus
- You’re unable to work due to a risk of exposure to coronavirus
- You can’t work because you’re caring for a family member due to coronavirus
Dislocated Worker ServicesIf you have lost your employment in the past 12 months due to no fault of your own, you may be eligible for Dislocated Workers Services. We work one-on-one with you to develop a plan for employment that may include: Career planning and counseling | Job search and placement services | Counselor-approved training | Other support services. Call 651-430-8680 for more information.
|55+ Workers||14-24 Workers|
|The Senior Community Service Employment (SCSEP) provides job placement, skills training, and career counseling for low-income residents.
For eligibility and additional program information contact: Rachel O'Connell or 651-275-8686
Does it sometimes seem like your age or experience is working against you in your job search? Many employers see that hiring and retaining older workers will be key to staying competitive.
|The Young Adult Program receives State and Federal funding to provide employment and training opportunities to low-income and/or at-risk young adults. Services provided include career planning, job search assistance, paid work experience and assistance with tuition costs.
| INCOME BASED PROGRAMS
|If you have dependent children, you may qualify for:
DWP is a four-month program for Minnesota low-income families. It provides quick and intense Employment Services to identify and resolve employment barriers in order to help participants achieve employment. DWP Employment Counselors offer job search assistance and support in order to help families achieve self-sufficiency.
CareerForce locations are more than just a place for those looking for work. It’s a place for businesses looking to hire, too.
- Virtual Career Fairs: It’s a no-fee opportunity to meet with job seekers. We will keep you updated on both local and metro area events and help promote your events.
- You can submit your events for posting with us by completing this online form.
- MinnesotaWorks.net: A no-fee online resource to post jobs and search for resumes.
- Specialized Hiring: CareerForce staff work with veterans, disabled individuals and many others.
- Applicant referral: Have qualified applicants referred to you by the CareerForce network of counselors and staff.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit and Federal Bonding Program: There are programs to help reduce risk and reduce your taxes.
CareerForce can help connect you with resources for your training needs including:
- MN Job Skills Partnership Training: Provides financial resources for you to expand your business or train your workers.
- On-The-Job Training: Saves your business money by providing wage reimbursement during the new-hire training period. Your new employee is trained according to your standards. Industry specific training is targeted to Manufacturing, Healthcare, Finance, Construction and I.T. Call Angela Plumbo for information at 651-275-8685.
- Incumbent worker training programs
- Customized/industry-specific training
- Entrepreneurial training
- Computer training
- Young Adult Program Promoting worksite placement, applicant referrals and some wage payment for youth ages 16-24. Call Sheng Xiong for information at 651-275-8701.
- GED/Literacy/Adult Basic Education/English as a Learned Language Training: Connect with our partners in your school district for hours and locations of classroom instruction.
- Get information on economic data and trends, skills of the available workforce, and wage and salary information by area.
- Business Start-ups CareerForce has resources for entrepreneurs as well as connections to the Small Business Administration and Small Business Development Centers. Washington County CDA Open To Business.
To participate in a Virtual Career Fair or discuss any of these resources, contact Robin Hakari 651-275-8684.
UPDATE: Forest Lake Career Lab is now co-located within the Hardwood Creek Library at 19955 Forest Road N., Forest Lake. Career Services staff will be available to assist customers with job search Wednesdays from noon to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Services include access to computers and staff assistance for job search activities. Hiring events and workshops are offered virtually.Career Labs are the core of every CareerForce location and serves as a business office for job seekers and a resource for employers. It features the tools and resources needed to find a job or make a career change.
- Career Labs provide: Knowledgeable staff | Job listings | Computers, internet and printers | Resume writing | Career planning | Community and education resources | Resume Review.
- Career Services Specialists are available to review resumes and provide feedback. Email a resume to the nearest CareerForce location. Include “Resume Review” in the subject line.
- Resume Kits - Washington County libraries have a section called Job and Career Resources with helpful resources. There are Resume Kits available to customers with limited access to computers, and low technology skills.
|Just Getting Started or Need a Career Change?||Facing Other Transitions That Impact Your Opportunities?|
|Contact any of our three locations to start planning your future!|
2150 Radio Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
Email or call 651-275-8665
CareerForce Cottage Grove
13000 Ravine Parkway
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
Email or call 651-430-4162
CareerForce Forest Lake (Hardwood Creek Library)
19955 Forest Road N
Forest Lake, MN 55025
Email or call 651-275-7265