Veterans Service Office
Washington County Veterans Service Office offers these services:
- Comprehensive benefits counseling.
- Claims preparation and submission.
- Claims follow-up to ensure final decisions.
- Networking and advocacy with federal, state and local agencies.
Officers are available to assist veterans in seeking state and federal benefits.
- Federal Benefits Information.
- State Benefits Information.
- Non-Washington County Residents Information.
For the health and safety of staff and those we serve, appointments with Veterans Service Office staff will continue to be over telephone or video conference whenever possible. Although our department lobbies in Cottage Grove, Forest Lake, and Stillwater are open, there is limited capacity.
When required, in-person meetings are by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment, call your worker or 651-430-6895.
- How do I make an appointment?
Call Washington County Veteran Services to make an appointment at one of our offices. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday except for federal holidays. When required, in-person meetings are by appointment only at all three of our locations: Stillwater, Cottage Grove, and Forest Lake.
- When can I expect a return call/email?
On regular business days you can expect a return phone call or email within 24 hours. Please do not call/email repeatedly in that 24 hour period as it slows down the process.
- What information do I need to begin?
Required information varies for different benefits. One document that will be needed is a DD Form 214; active military discharge document. If this document cannot be found our office can assist in obtaining it for you. Before 1951, this discharge document was the AGO Form 53-55. Also, please refer to the checklists provided on our website.