Fair Housing Resources
Your Rights and ResponsibilitiesWere you treated fairly the last time you tried to rent an apartment or purchase a home? The Fair Housing Act of 1968, and subsequent amendments, prohibits discrimination in housing based on race or color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Everyone deserves a fair chance.
Here are videos about these topics in various languages. FHIC Fair Housing Videos
If you suspect unfair housing practices, contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development Fair Housing Hotline at 1-800-669-9777 TDD 1-800-927-9275 or the Minnesota Department of Human Rights 1-800-657-3704.
Homeless Outreach Services Team (HOST)
If you are at risk of losing housing or have questions as to what is available, the HOST team offers the following office walk-in hours (first come, first served):
- For further information or questions, please call Washington County HOST phone number 651-430-6488
If you'd like to contact an agency directly, homeless services throughout the county are provide by three different agencies, depending on the household needing help: single adults, families with children or unaccompanied youth.
- Youth under age 24: Visit Youth Service Network's website: www.ysnmn.org
- Families with children: Call St. Andrews Community Resource Center at 651-762-9124
- Single adults/couples: Call Washington County Community Services at 651-430-6488
- Solid Ground the Home Again program, which provides rent assistance and case management for families to help them secure permanent housing.
- Canvas Health provides support services for those who are homeless/at-risk of homelessness.
- Salvation Army to provide financial assistance such as utility payment assistance, clothing or food assistance, transportation assistance, etc.
ForeclosuresIf you live in Washington County and have fallen behind in your mortgage payments, you should contact Washington County Community Development Agency (CDA). The longer you wait, the fewer options you will have for staying in your home.
Please contact Washington County CDA at 651-458-0936.