Child Support

The mission of the child support program is to promote the well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of families by delivering quality child support services.

Once a parent has applied for child support services, all payments must go through the Minnesota Child Support Payment Center. Learn more about payment options.
  1. Apply
  2. Establishment
  3. Enforce
  4. Change
You can contact 651-430-6615 to request an application for services, or you can apply for services online at Department of Human Services

When you apply for services, you also agree to pay a two percent cost recovery fee on your payments, if you are the applicant and receive child support, or on your obligation if you are the applicant and pay child support.

If you or your minor child / children receive cash assistance from the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or the Diversionary Work Program (DWP), Medical Assistance (MA), or Child Care Assistance, the child support agency will automatically open a child support case for you and will expect you to provide information and cooperate in establishing paternity, establishing an order for support and collecting support. You do not have to pay an application fee or other fees.

You can also print the application and mail to:

Washington County Community Services
PO Box 30
Stillwater, MN 55082
View All FAQs