Credential of License or Ordination

Filing Credentials of License or Ordination

Ministers of any religious denomination, before they are authorized to solemnize a marriage, must file a copy of their credentials of license or ordination with a Minnesota county (MS 517.05). These filings are accepted through our office.

In Person

You can file in person at the Government Center, Property Records and Taxpayer Services Department.

By Mail

  • Submit a completed Certificate of Filing form
  • A copy of your credential of license or ordination. If your credential has information on both sides, such as a wallet card, please provide a copy of each side.
  • A money order or check made payable to Washington County in the amount of $15.00
  • Mail to:
    Washington County Vital Records
    14949 62nd St. N.
    P.O. Box 6
    Stillwater MN 55082-0006