The online application is NOT available during odd year elections. Please return this paper application by mail or scan/email.
Absentee Voting for the November 2, 2021 election will begin September 17, 2021.
Absentee Voting Information:
In Person Absentee and ballot drop off is available at the below locations and hours beginning September 17, 2021. Direct balloting, when voters can insert their ballot into the ballot tabulator, begins October 26th:
Monday - Friday, Hours: 8AM – 4:30PM
Saturday, October 30, 8AM - 3:00PM
Monday, November 1, 8AM - 5:00PM
- Cottage Grove Service Center, 13000 Ravine Pkwy, Cottage Grove
- R.H Stafford Library, Lower Level, 8595 Central Park Place, Woodbury
- Washington County Gov’t Center, 14949 62nd St N, Stillwater
- Headwaters (Forest Lake) Service Center, 19955 Forest Road North, Forest Lake
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- Have any felony conviction record discharged, expired, or completed
- Not be under court-ordered guardianship in which a court has revoked your voting rights
- Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
- Voters are encouraged to submit absentee ballot applications early.
- The earliest a ballot will be mailed to you is 46 days prior to Election Day for all elections except Township elections.
- Allow enough time to complete the application, have your ballot mailed to you, vote your ballot, and return it to Washington County via mail so it is received by Election Day.
- You cannot drop off your voted ballot at your precinct on Election Day.
Military and Overseas Voters
If you are in the military, a spouse or dependents who are U.S. citizens and residents of Minnesota or those voters who are overseas should complete the FPCA application:
1. Logon to MNVotes.org and complete the on-line FPCA absentee ballot application
Military/Overseas FPCA Application
2. Click on the FPCA absentee ballot application below and mail, fax or email it to
Military and Overseas Absentee Ballot Application Form
During the seven days preceding an election and until 2 p.m. on Election Day, an eligible voter who is a patient of a health care facility; a resident in a residential facility, shelter for battered women, or assisted living facility; or an individual who would have difficulty getting to the polls because of incapacitating health reasons or have a disability may designate an agent to deliver the ballots to the voter from the County Auditor.
To receive a ballot by agent delivery, complete the agent delivery and absentee ballot application by clicking the link below;
For more information, log on to MNVotes.org
Contact Washington County at 651-430-6175
Mail: Washington County Elections, 14949 62nd St. N. Stillwater, MN 55082