Absentee Voting Information
To be eligible to vote in Minnesota you must:
- Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
- Have any felony conviction record discharged, expired or completed
- Not be under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
- Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
We encourage voters to submit absentee ballot application early.
- Your ballot will be mailed to you 30 days prior to the election date.
- If we receive your absentee application after that date, you will receive your ballot by mail within 5 business days of receipt of the application.
- Vote early by mail website is now available to submit an application online.
- You should allow enough time to complete the application, have your ballot mailed to you, vote your ballot and return it to Washington County via mail to our office by 3 p.m. on Election Day.
- You cannot drop off your voted ballot at your precinct on Election Day.
- Or download the
- March 2017 Township Absentee Ballot Application
- May 2017 2144 School District Absentee Ballot Application
If you are in the military, a spouse or their dependents who are U.S. citizens and residents of Minnesota or those voters who are overseas should complete the FPCA application:
1. Logon to MNVotes.org and complete the on-line FPCA absentee ballot application
Military/Overseas FPCA Application
2. Click on the FPCA absentee ballot application below and mail, fax or email it to Washington County.
Military and Overseas Absentee Ballot Application Form
Voting in person for the 2016 Primary and General Elections is available at any of these Washington County locations 46 days prior to Election Day;
- Cottage Grove Service Center
13000 Ravine Parkway S., Cottage Grove MN 55016
Headwaters Service Center
19955 Forest Road N., Forest Lake MN 55025
Woodbury Service Center
2150 Radio Drive, Woodbury MN 55125
Washington County Government Center
14949 62nd St N, Stillwater MN 55082
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday before the election, from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Monday before the election from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To request a ballot to be mailed to you;
1. Logon to MNVotes.org and complete the on-line absentee ballot application or;
2. Complete and print the absentee ballot application then
mail, fax or mail the application to Washington County
Absentee ballot application for the 2016 Primary and General Elections
During the seven days preceding an election and until 2 p.m. on election day, an eligible voter who is a patient of a health care facility; a resident in a residential facility, shelter for battered women, or assisted living facility; or an individual who would have difficulty getting to the polls because of incapacitating health reasons or have a disability may designate an agent to deliver the ballots to the voter from the County Auditor.
To receive a ballot by agent deliver, complete the agent delivery and absentee ballot application by clicking the link below;
For more information, log on to MNVotes.org
Contact Washington County at 651-430-6175
Mail: Washington County Elections, 14949 62nd St. N. Stillwater MN 55082