Washington County hazardous waste licensing forms are designed to help new or unlicensed generators determine if their businesses need a hazardous waste license, assess their hazardous waste management, become compliant with hazardous waste regulations and apply for a license, all without requiring an inspection.
- Complete the initial license application.
- Pay the fee online according to the fee schedule.
- Report new wastes within 75 days by completing and submitting a Hazardous Waste Management Plan.
- Notify Washington County and the MPCA for the following changes:
- Business name change.
- Moving/address change.
- Contact information.
Application Drop-Off Locations
The online training for hazardous waste generators is designed to give a general overview of the hazardous waste regulations for all size generators.
The training courses are broken into six steps. Click the links below to launch the course. After each course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print for your records.
- Introduction (approx. 7 min.) Español
- Step 1: Evaluate your waste and determine your generator size (approx. 34 min.) Español
- Step 2: Notification and licensing (approx. 13 min.) Español
- Step 3: Storage (approx. 34 min.) Español
- Step 4: Transport and disposal (approx. 35.) Español
- Step 5A: Emergency prevention planning and training (for all sizes) (approx.14 min.) Español
- Step 5B: Emergency prevention planning and training (SQG & LQG requirements) (approx. 25 min.) Español
- Compliance Guide for Generators
- Workers' Comp Information
- MN Tax ID Information
- For Spills/Emergencies call MN Duty Officer: 651-649-5451
- HW Management Disposal Companies
- Electronics Collector Notification Form
- Inspection Log - Amalgam Separator
- Inspection Log - Waste Storage Weekly Inspections
- Management Plan– Hazardous Waste
- Management Plan - Recycled Hazardous Waste
- Management Plan – Reverse Distribution
- Waste Disposal - Manifesting
- Waste Disposal - Parts Cleaner / Used Oil
- Recycling Record - Feedstock
- Recycling Record - Universal Waste
- Rules and Regulation – MN Rules
- Washington County HW Ordinance