Washington County hazardous waste licensing forms are designed to help new or unlicensed generators determine if their businesses need a hazardous waste license, assess their hazardous waste management, become compliant with hazardous waste regulations and apply for a license, all without requiring an inspection.
- Complete the initial license application
- Pay the fee online according to the fee schedule
- Report new wastes within 75 days by completing and submitting a Hazardous Waste Management Plan
- Notify Washington County and the MPCAfor the following changes:
- Business name change
- Moving/address change
- Contact information
Application Drop-Off Locations
The online training for hazardous waste generators is designed to give a general overview of the hazardous waste regulations for all size generators.
The training courses are broken into six steps. Click the links below to lauch the course. After each course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print for your records.
License Renewal Dates
The license period runs from May 1 of the license year through April 30 of the following year. Below is the licensing process and important dates for each year.
- Late December: Renewal portal opens
- January 31: All renewal information and fees are due
Renew License Online
Click here to renew your license online.
- Please review the instructions page to make renewing your license easier.
Use the online system to:
- Submit annual reports electronically.
- Get real-time access to license information for all operations under the user's control.
- Add wastes to a license and update all supporting documents, such as test results.
- Terminate wastes that are no longer generated.
- Update site contact information.
- Print copies of licensing documents such as reports, licenses, and invoices.