Licenses and Permits

Regulatory Services

The Department of Public Health and Environment protects the public’s health and environment through regulatory services. These services include licensing, inspection, consultation, education and enforcement. The department regulates the following types of establishments:
  • Campgrounds and Youth Camps
  • Food Services
  • Hazardous Waste Generators
  • Lodging
  • Manufactured Home Parks
  • Solid Waste Haulers
  • Swimming Pools and Spas
  • Tobacco Sales
In addition, the department regulates the installation and maintenance of septic systems.

Report a Concern

To report a concern or complaint about an above establishment, go to Report a Concern and submit the information. Your report will go directly to the department for follow-up.

If you suspect that you have become ill from food or water, call the department or go to Report Your Concern. You can also report through the Minnesota Department of Health Foodborne Illness Hotline at 1-877-FOOD-ILL (1-877-366-3455).