DRIVE THRU LANE IS OPEN DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS
Tuesday: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. *11 -2 p.m. are very busy. Expect delays.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
The Free Product Room Moves Outdoors!
- Open during normal business hours, weather permitting. (Rain cancellations will be posted on website.)
- Social distance with one person per station.
- Please wear a face covering.
- Be patient, there is more than enough product.
- Be courteous to others.
- You must sign a waiver form available near the entrance.
CHANGE IN SERVICE UNDER COVID-19
To ensure the health and safety of staff and customers, we are making the following changes to our drop-off procedures.
COVID-19 Drop-off Procedures
Protecting the Environment
Tours Are Available!
Ever wondered about where all the household hazardous waste you drop off goes to? Now is your chance to find out! Come get a behind the scenes tour of the Washington County Environmental Center! Tours are open to groups of at least 5 people and no more than 25. Call 651-430-6655 for more information or to schedule a tour.
Household Hazardous Materials Accepted
Automotive and Recreation From Homes
Home Improvement and Construction
Other Household Items
Yard & Garden
Batteries Batteries can start fires in the trash if not recycled properly. With so many different kinds of batteries, it can be confusing to know which batteries can be recycled. To make it simple, we accept all types of household batteries, including rechargeable, button, and alkaline batteries, at the Environmental Center.
Safely store and transport batteries by placing a small piece of clear packing tape over the positive and negative ends of each battery. Using clear tape allows Environmental Center staff to identify the battery for proper sorting and recycling.
View information about accepted recyclables.
Food Scraps (Organics)
Learn how to get started with food scraps drop-off.
The Environmental Center accepts sharps generated from households. Sharps are syringes, needles, and lancets. Please follow these steps before disposing of sharps:
- Place sharps in a rigid container such as a plastic laundry detergent bottle, coffee can with the lid taped shut, or sharps container.
- Put sharps in point first.
- Label the container “Do not recycle: household sharps.”
- Bring the container to the Environmental Center.
- Keep sharps containers separate from all other waste.
- When you arrive at the drop-off site, inform the staff that you have sharps for disposal.
- Loose sharps are not accepted.