Park and Vehicle Permit Information

All vehicles entering a 101192301_3032012686853534_8474233451560566784_oWashington County Park must display a daily or annual vehicle permit, including vehicles belonging to registered campers and picnic shelter users. No drop-offs allowed. The annual vehicle permit is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Permits are also honored at Anoka County parks.

Vehicle permits are not required at Hardwood Creek Trail or at the Historic Courthouse. Vehicle permits are also not required in any park on the first non-holiday Tuesday of each month.   

Visitors who have been snapping photos in Washington County Parks now have the opportunity to submit those photos with the possibility of one being used on the county's annual 2024/2025 parks permit! More information is available on our Photo Contest page.

  1. Vehicle Permit Information
  2. Permits for Military Veterans
  3. Free Tuesdays
  4. Friday after Thanksgiving
  5. National Get Outdoors Day

Purchase a Vehicle Permit

Vehicle permits can be purchased at a variety of locations:

  • Electronic Pay Stations are available at each park entrance
  • Park Offices:
    • Big Marine Park Reserve (park office is open seasonally)
    • Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park
    • Historic Courthouse
    • Lake Elmo Park Reserve
    • St. Croix Bluffs Regional Park
  • Public Works North Shop Facility
  • Online
  • Washington County License Centers & Service Centers
Daily Permit$7
Annual Permit$30
Second Annual$20 (for same household - must be purchased at same time as first permit. Not available online at this time)
Bus* Daily$20
Bus* Annual$100

*A vehicle capable of transporting more than 15 passengers is considered a bus.

Electronic Pay Stations

Electronic pay stations are installed in all parks, either outside the contact stations at park entrances or near the parking areas. These pay stations only accept credit cards, and sell both daily and annual permits. If an annual permit is purchased, the receipt must be mailed or brought into a Park Office to be redeemed for a vehicle sticker. Please follow directions on the machine and on the printed receipt.