Park and Vehicle Permit Information
All vehicles entering a Washington County Park must display a daily or annual vehicle permit, including vehicles belonging to registered campers and picnic shelter users. No Drop-offs allowed. The annual vehicle permit is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Permits are also honored in Anoka and Carver County parks.
Vehicle permits are not required at Hardwood Creek Trail or at the Historic Courthouse. Vehicle permits are also not required in any park on the first non-holiday Tuesday of each month, or on the first Saturday of June, which is "Explore Your Parks Day" in Washington County.
Purchase a Vehicle Permit
Vehicle permits can be purchased at park offices including Big Marine and Lake Elmo Park Reserves, St Croix Bluffs Regional Park, Public Works North Shop Facility, Washington County License Centers and Service Centers. Electronic Pay Stations or Honor Boxes are available at each park entrance. Vehicle Permits can also be purchased online by clicking here.
|Second Annual||$20 (for same household - must be purchased at same time as first permit)|
*A vehicle capable of transporting more than 15 passengers is considered a bus.
Electronic Pay Stations
In June 2018, pay stations were installed in Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park, Pine Point Regional Park, and Big Marine Park Reserve. In spring 2019, additional pay stations were installed in Point Douglas Park and Square Lake Park. These pay stations only accept credit cards, and sell both daily and annual permits. If an annual permit is purchased, the receipt must be mailed or brought into a Park Office to be redeemed for a vehicle sticker. Please follow directions on the machine and on the printed receipt.
Washington County will issue a free Annual or Daily permit to:
- Any veteran with a service-connected disability.
- The spouse of a currently deployed military personnel.
- The surviving spouse of a military personnel who is receiving Dependency and Indemnity Compensation.
- Military personnel on leave or having left active duty within the past 90 days.
Those seeking to obtain a free permit must present one:
- A veteran identification card showing a service connected disability.
- A copy of an official Department of Veterans Affairs determination letter listing an individual’s percentage of disability.
- Department of Defense Deployment Orders.
- An employer notification letter from the Department of Defense listing dates of deployment.
- Proof of Dependency and Indemnity Compensation.
Please visit a Park Office to obtain an annual permit sticker (Big Marine Park Reserve, Lake Elmo Park Reserve, St. Croix Bluffs Regional Park).
Explore Washington County Parks
On the first Tuesday of every month, visit any Washington County Park for FREE. No vehicle permit required.
2019 FREE Tuesday Schedule
- December 3
2020 FREE Tuesday Schedule
- January 7
- February 4
- March 3
- April 7
- May 5
- June 2
- July 7
- August 4
- September 8
- October 6
- November 3
- December 1