Washington County Right of Way Ordinance #188

Permit Fee Schedule

Available Permits
(click below for current permit document)
Access Permit: Required for any new driveway, field entrance, street or commercial access on a Washington County road. Please allow two weeks for processing.
Right of Way Permit*: Required for utility installations, grading in the County right of way, or work which obstructs the right of way. Also available for parades, running/cycling races, exhibitions, and festivals that require closing or temporarily restricting access on County roads. An Annual Right of Way Permit is required for all utility companies performing maintenance on their facility. Please allow two weeks for processing.
*New Fee Schedule.
Transportation Permit: Required for any oversized load that is transported on a Washington County road. Please allow two days for processing.
Regional Rail Access/Access Crossing Permit: Please allow two weeks for processing.
Regional Railroad Right of Way Permit: Please allow two weeks for processing. 
Weed Control Agreement/No Mowing Agreement

Gopher State One Call Requirements
Excavators (including homeowners), throughout Minnesota are responsible for notifying Gopher State One Call of their proposed excavations. The call center will notify participating underground facility operators, so they can mark the location of their facilities. If you are a contractor working for a homeowner, it is your responsibility to read the Gopher State One Call Handbook. You can notify Gopher State One Call at their website or by calling 651-454-0002."

GSOC Ticket Locate Request Form
Excavator and Operator's Notice
MN Statute 216D
MN Statute 7560.0100

For additional information on specific permits, visit each Permit Site. Find all related Permit Sites to the left.