Property Records and Taxpayer Services
License and Service Centers In an effort to provide a safe environment for the public and our employees, we are modifying the delivery of services we provide face-to-face.
- In person services are available by appointment. See the services available by appointment and make an appointment.
- Drop off and mail in services are available for select services not requiring face-to-face interaction. This is often the fastest way to complete your transaction and is contact free.
- Walk-in customers may be accommodated on a limited basis. We will do our best to serve you depending on capacity and appointment cancellations.
Did you know?
- The Real ID full enforcement deadline has been extended to October 1, 2021. If you do not have a Real ID compliant driver’s license or ID card and wish to obtain one, we recommend getting one as your driver’s license expires if it is before October 1, 2021.
- If you are renewing or replacing a standard driver’s license and have no changes to your name, address, signature or license number, you can renew online using DVS Applying for a License or State ID.
- If you mailed your tab renewal to DVS more than two weeks ago and have not received your tabs, notify DVS by completing the Report Registration Tabs Not Received form online.
- The U.S. Department of State is prioritizing services for customers who need a passport in the next 72 hours for a life-or-death emergency. For questions about a previously submitted application or if you have an emergency travel need call 1-877-487-2778. Learn more about U.S. Department of State operations and travel advisories.
Assessment and Values The Assessor’s Office is available to answer questions. Call 651-430-6175 between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and your call will be directed to the appraiser responsible for your area. Leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Property Tax payments may be made via U.S. mail, online, bill pay service, or payments may be made in person at the Government Center in Stillwater. Outside drop boxes are available at Cottage Grove, Woodbury and Forest Lake for quick contactless drop off.
Businesses may be seeking assistance in paying property taxes. They may wish to seek information from the Washington County Development Agency.
Vital records Birth, death, notary, ministerial and marriage certificate requests with payment may be made via U.S. mail, or in person at the Government Center in Stillwater between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
The Property Records and Taxpayer Services Department strives to provide quality taxation, assessment, recording, land records, licensing and elections services to the residents of Washington County.
The Department is at the Washington County Government Center, 14949 62nd Street North, Stillwater; service centers are in Cottage Grove; Forest Lake; and Woodbury; with a Stillwater License Center at the Valley Ridge Mall in Stillwater.