For the health and safety of staff and those we serve, appointments with Community Services staff will continue to be over telephone or video conference whenever possible. Although the department lobbies in Cottage Grove, Forest Lake and Stillwater are open, there is limited capacity. When required, in-person meetings are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call your worker or call 651-430-6455.
Community Services lobbies in both Cottage Grove and Forest Lake will be closed from noon to 1 p.m. daily. The Woodbury location is closed until further notice for building modifications.
If you need to submit paperwork, submit it via email to CSES@co.washington.mn.us, online HERE, fax 651-430-6605, or mailing to P.O. Box 30, Stillwater, MN 55082.
Paperwork may be submitted in-person at document dropboxes outside service locations or in the Stillwater, Cottage Grove, and Forest Lake lobbies; however, other services at those locations are limited.
- Rent relief is available through the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance program to individuals and families who have experienced hardship due to the pandemic and need assistance to pay rent or utility bills dating back to March 13, 2020. Washington County is working in collaboration with Minnesota Housing and several other local jurisdictions on this program. More information, including the application, is available on RentHelpMN.
- Those having financial problems due to COVID-19 may be able to apply for financial help.
- Immigration and public benefits - The federal public charge rule went into effect Feb. 24, 2020. The U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) issued a notice that testing, treatment and preventive care related to COVID-19 will not be included in public charge determinations. Does Public Charge Apply to You? English, Hmong, Karen, Somali, Spanish
- COVID-19 updates for Child Care Providers
- Emergency Social Services and After Hours Child Protection (after 4:30 p.m. or on weekends) Call Crisis Response - 651-275-7400
- Report Child Abuse or Neglect If you want to make an immediate oral report of physical or sexual abuse, neglect or exploitation of a child, click link and fill out the report of child abuse or neglect, or call 651-430-6457
- Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) to make a vulnerable adult report, or call 1-844-880-1574. If the vulnerable adult is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1
Mission Statement Individuals and families will be safe, independent, and able to meet their basic needs.
Community Services works in partnership with public and private agencies to help individuals and families be safe and successful. The department provides a wide array of services to eligible citizens.
Individuals and families who need assistance in any of the following areas are encouraged to contact the department:
- Children and adults who are vulnerable, disabled, mentally ill, or chemically dependent will be safe and healthy.
- Veterans, job seekers, and other eligible persons will receive the support needed to remain or become self-sufficient.
- Timely, respectful, and cost-efficient services will be delivered to all customers.
- Culturally responsive environments will be fostered to promote diversity and inclusion for all people.