Welcome to Washington County Sheriff's Office
Update on Law Enforcement Center services during COVID-19
The Sheriff’s Office is extending the closure of the Law Enforcement Center to June 13, 2020. This modification was made to limit the possible exposure of the public and our employees to COVID-19.
This will mean a change in gun permits, civil process, fingerprints, inmate visiting, and predatory offender check-ins.
Permit to Carry applications will be taken by appointment only. Call 651-430-7600 or email email@example.com
Starting on May 18th, any Mortgage or Lien Foreclosure sales will be held in the LEC main atrium at 10 a.m..
Washington County is accepting donations of Personal Protective Equipment. See details under the Donate PPE tab.
Please click on the tabs below for the most up-to-date information on temporary service changes at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
- Donate PPE
- Permit to Carry
- Permit to Purchase
- Civil Process
- Inmate Visiting
- Predatory Offender Check-ins
Donating Personal Protective Equipment
Washington County is now accepting donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) to help protect our first responders.
The following commercially manufactured items will be accepted only if in sealed or unopened containers:
- Protective face wear - N95 or N100 masks, PAPRs and surgical or procedural masks. Masks must be commercially certified and rated
- Nitrile gloves
- Gowns- disposable gowns and Tyvek Coveralls
- Tyvek Foot covers
- Eye protection (wrap arounds or chemical splash, face shields)
- Hand sanitizer, hand wipes, and disinfectant wipes (at least 60% alcohol based)
- We are also accepting homemade face masks (please follow these MDH Guidelines). Homemade masks must be clean and neatly packaged.
- No food or drinks are accepted.
Drop-off times and location
Washington County Government Center – Courthouse Lobby
14949 62nd St N, Stillwater MN 55082
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
More about donating supplies
- Open boxes or containers of supplies will not be accepted. It is important that the products we accept are sanitary and in working condition.
- County employees will not be available to help move the products. Please be prepared to transport the items from your vehicle.
- We are unable to provide receipts at this time.
- Washington County cannot accept quantities over 500. Donations larger than 500 items should be directed to the State Homeland Security and Emergency Management Division: HSEM.PPP@state.mn.us
For questions or more information, please contact EOCLogistics@co.washington.mn.us
Permit to Carry during COVID-19
Starting April 13th, Permit to Carry applications will be taken by appointment only.
If you have gun permit questions or would like to schedule a Permit to Carry appointment call 651-430-7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Permit to Purchase during COVID-19
Permits to purchase will be accepted via U.S. mail. See the Permit to Purchase During COVID-19 link and follow the instructions.
*Please note, failure to complete the application form and include your signature in all necessary locations will result in a delay in the processing of your application. The statutory processing time will not start until the mailed application is received by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.*
The application form can also by requested by sending an email to: email@example.com
Include a color photocopy of your driver’s license or government issues identification (both front and back)
Permit to Purchase (7 day processing)
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office will process applications for Permit to Purchase a pistol or semi-automatic military-style assault weapons from residents of Washington County who live in one of the following cities or townships:
|Hugo||Lake Elmo||Lake St. Croix Beach||Lakeland||Lakeland Shores|
|Landfall||Mahtomedi||May Township||Marine on St. Croix||Newport|
|Pine Springs||St. Mary’s Point||Scandia||Stillwater Township||West Lakeland Township|
Any other questions, call 651-430-7600
If you wish to have the Sheriff’s Office Civil Unit serve your paper, please follow the instructions found in the link below
Service of Process Information (Download)
Attention Minnesota Government Agencies
Please email your documents (preferred method) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 651-430-7633
We ask that you please give a description line with paper type and name of party being served. You MUST include your name and contact telephone # - Please do not use language such as ‘Hennepin County’. Give us your name and telephone number to contact you if we have issues.
Private and Public Attorney Offices (and Out of State Gov’t Agencies)
- Apply via U.S. Mail
- Complete the Instruction form. Note: we will only attempt service at one address-please only list the address you would like us to attempt.
- You must include a check for $70 per person (if two people live at the same address and you need Both served the fee is $140)
- If you have a Fee Waiver signed by a judge, you must include a copy with your paperwork.
- We do not guarantee service and fees are non-refundable
- If you have a court date, be sure this court date is no less than two weeks out. Many documents must be served several days before the court date. Be sure to check the statute for your paper type to see when it needs to be served by.
All public fingerprinting services have been suspended until further notice.
Inmate visiting and volunteer services have been suspended until further notice.
For Predatory Offender check-ins or questions during COVID-19 call 651-430-7600.