Welcome to Washington County IT
Information Technology guides Washington County through efficient, effective, and high-quality information technology services and solutions.
The Information Technology Department is a support department providing computer, telecommunications, and cybersecurity services to other county departments. The department provides installation and maintenance of computer and server hardware and software, network and service connectivity and associated cabling. Staff assists in the purchasing and licensing of computer hardware and software and training. Staff also writes, supports, and maintains various computer interfaces and applications, including Geographical Information Systems (GIS) applications. Also provided are Internet, intranet (internal county website) e-mail access, and installation and maintenance of telephones and voice mail.
IT Server Administrator
The *IT Server Administrator (Working Title) responsibilities are:
- Monitor systems, availability, resource use (internal memory and disk space), performance, and security of systems and servers, and establish and monitor critical checkpoints and thresholds.
- Research and resolve performance, capacity, and other server-related issues.
- Perform routine maintenance and scheduled backups of the server and related hardware and software.
- Analyze and resolve Windows server hardware operating systems and applications software issues.
- Create, monitor, modify, and maintain user accounts.
- Assist and sustainment of VMWare machines along with VMWare clustering
- Oversee asset tracking, management, and removal/disposal of all decommissioned devices. Conduct an inventory assessment annually and as requested.
- Assist in data backup, disaster recovery, and response to security breaches, service interruptions, and other critical situations.
- Maintain support standards, guidelines, and procedures for software and hardware.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*IT Server Administrator is the Working Title. The County's job classification title is IT Systems Administrator.
IT Server Administrator, Senior
The *IT Server Administrator, Senior is responsible for:
- Leading the development, implementation and maintenance of servers, storage, backups, and network services, including patch management, and critical tasks.
- Ensure availability, performance metrics, change control, manage releases, testing, and security controls are aligned with the enterprise standards.
- Document and update maintenance processes, policies and procedures and create recommendations for improvements.
- Serves as the technical expert in system administration for complex systems.
- Administers and implements VMWare virtual machines along with VMWare clustering.
- Assists with off-hours patch management of workstations and servers.
- Investigates, configure, and troubleshoot system issues and problems, determine the feasibility of system requirements, plan releases, and develop system specifications.
- Identifies methods and solutions and provides project leadership to deliver a high level of service to the customers of information technology systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*IT Server Administrator, Senior is the Working Title. The County's job classification is IT Systems Administrator, Senior.
This March, to mark Women’s History Month, the women in IT met to discuss our experiences working in Tech. Read on...
Learn to recognize and report phishing scams is a top step you can take to stay safe online. It’s fairly easy to do and doesn’t take long at all. Just look closely before you click a link. Read on...
While it’s true that you cannot control how each byte of data about you and your family is shared and processed, you are not helpless! In many cases, you can control how you share your data with a few simple steps. Read on...