- Sheriff's Office
- Forms & Applications
- Request a Report
Request a Report
New online system to request a report
The Sheriff's Office Records Unit is excited to announce it has launched a one-stop shop for all record requests. Residents, media, lawyers, etc., can now request reports, records and digital media online.
Once the Records Unit has processed your request, you will automatically receive updates on its progress. You will be notified when the request is being processed and when it is complete. This convenient service allows you to make payment and download the record all at once. This new online service aims to enhance communication and streamline the process, resulting in shorter turnaround times.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Records Unit at 651-430-7600 or by email.
Please read the following information thoroughly to request for government data.
According to state law, requestors listed on the accident report (owner/driver) may obtain a copy of the accident report.
Other Important Information
- Reports with pending charges must be obtained through the prosecuting attorney.
- Reports with ongoing investigations will not be released without prior approval from Investigations Division.
- Juvenile information is restricted and will only be released to a parent or guardian.
- Predatory Offender information can be obtained through Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
- A copy of your driving record can be obtained through the Minnesota Department of Driver and Vehicle Services.
Types of Payment Accepted
Cash, checks, and major credit cards accepted.
Payment may be required depending on the type of record:
|911 Voice audio CD (retention time is 1 year)||$10|
|911 Research time to create copy||$20 per hour|
|911 Typed transcript ($25 prepayment required)||$20 per hour|
|CD (Audio/photos) & Body Worn Camera Photos (pre-payment required)||$10 per CD|
|Digital Squad Video DVD (prepayment required)||$20 per DVD|
|Reports (includes state accident reports, non-commercial use |
per Chapter 13.03)
|$1 per 10 pages|
|Clearance Letters (per person)||$5|
|Background Check (per person)||$5|
|Jail Summary (per person)||$1 per 10 pages|
|Daily Incident Reports (email)||Per day-$2 /per month-$50|