Children's Art in the Parks
Hopes & Dreams for 2021
Join Washington County Parks in celebrating art and the winter season with a special children’s art gallery "Hopes & Dreams for 2021" at the Historic Courthouse! Children off all ages are encouraged to create artwork to display in the Historic Courthouse based on their hopes and dreams for the new year. Parks staff will be collecting the artwork through December 28 and it will be installed at the Historic Courthouse through the month of January.
|PLEASE NOTE: In order to comply with MN Executive Order 20-99 the Historic Courthouse will be closed from 11/21/20 through 12/18/20. Due to the closure, the "Holiday Wishes" art gallery has been changed to "Hopes & Dreams for 2021". The submission deadline has been extended through December 28 and the artwork will be on display beginning January 2, 2021.|
How to Enter
- Draw, color, paint or sketch a picture representing your hopes and dreams for the new year.
- Artwork can also be 3-dimensional or made of material other than paper. Parks staff will frame artwork or hang it as needed for installation.
- Children of all ages may participate.
- On a separate piece of paper, please include the child’s first name and last initial (Sara A.), age, title of the picture, and a short 2-3 sentence description of the picture (optional), along with a parent’s name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Mail or deliver artwork to the Washington County Historic Courthouse.
- The deadline for submission has been extended to December 28.
- Parents will be notified if their child’s artwork is chosen to be displayed.
- The gallery will be on display January 2 - January 31.
- Up to 40 pictures or other artwork will be selected for display based on color, theme, and creativity.
- Given the nature of the gallery, the artwork may not be able to be returned after the gallery ends.
Deliver pictures or send via postal mail to:
Washington County Historic Courthouse
101 Pine Street West
Stillwater, MN 55082.
The Historic Courthouse is currently closed. However, there is a designated envelope for drop-off located at the southwest entrance (next to the parking lot) and pictures may be placed inside for the gallery. If you have questions, please call 651-275-7075.
|Washington County Historic Courthouse||January 2 - January 31||During regular Park hours:|
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Free entry, donations accepted|