- I am in need of affordable housing
- I need help finding housing
- I have concerns regarding fair housing
- Market Rate Housing - The cost of market rate housing is determined entirely by the state of the rental market in the community. It can change based on the supply and demand of the housing market. Housinglink
- Tax Credit Housing - Often referred to as Section 42, tax credit housing may be more affordable than market rate housing. See more information about tax credit housing.
- Subsidized Housing - Housing that has a cost based upon a household’s income. The household will pay 30 percent of its gross income as rent ensuring that the housing is affordable. The remaining portion of rent is paid (subsidized) by the government. Subsidized housing often has waiting lists so be sure to contact the property owner or manager directly to inquire. See a listing of subsidized housing in the metro area.
- The Washington County Community Development Agency (CDA) .
- Housing Benefits 101-HB101 is a free statewide resource network that helps solve problems and navigate the system of available housing benefits and resources.
HOST is able to provide a limited amount of assistance to households in need of help looking for and accessing housing. While HOST cannot guarantee access to housing, they can assist households navigate and housing search process. HOST does have access to limited funding to assist households with a damage deposit and/or first month rent if either present a barrier to accessing housing. To consult with someone from HOST about this either call the housing resource at 651-430-6488 or walk in.