Forms and Resources
Foster care rates
Rates are determined by the Minnesota Assessment of Parenting Children and Youth. This will be completed when you receive a placement to determine your reimbursement in addition to the basic rates listed below.
|Child's Age||Monthly Basic Rate|
|Birth - 5||$650|
|6 - 12||$770|
|13 - 20||$910|
How to receive reimbursement
At the end of each month you will submit a billing form to the Washington County accounting department to process your monthly reimbursement. If you need more billing forms, you may download a PDF version.
Enrolling in direct depositYou may enroll to receive your reimbursement through direct deposit instead of a mailed check. To do so, send an email to Accounts Payable.
Reporting a serious event
It is Washington County policy that all incidents be formally reported in written format to your foster care licensor within 7 days of the event taking place. Common incident reports include:
- Illness requiring a visit to urgent care/emergency room
- Physical injury leaving a bruise, cut, or other mark
- Behavior that becomes inappropriate or beyond control
- Mental health crises requiring a response
- Neighborhood problems with other people
- A child runs away or is lost