Long Term Care Resources
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Toolkit
The Washington County Department of Public Health and Environment and Washington County Emergency Management and Homeland Security are working closely with the Metro Health and Medical Preparedness Coalition to support facilities emergency planning and response.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) has established new requirements for Medicare and Medicaid participating providers and suppliers. These requirements help improve emergency coordination by supporting relationships across public and private agencies across Washington County.
The following list of resources will help navigate these new rules and assure that agencies are better prepared for a local emergency or disaster.
• CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule
• CMS Emergency Preparedness General Resources
• Healthcare Coalitions Across Minnesota
Incident command for healthcare
• ICS 100.HCB (FEMA online course- Introduction to the Incident Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals)
• ICS 200 (FEMA online course- Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations)
Facility emergency planning guidance and examples
• Checklist for long-term care facilities
• Emergency sheltering, relocation, and evacuation for healthcare facilities template plan (Minnesota Department of Health)
• Minnesota Long-Term Care Preparedness Toolkit (Minnesota Department of Health)
• Emergency Action Plan guidance (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)