Complaint Process

  • To register a complaint about a licensed family child care home, call 651-430-8307.
  • If the situation involves a possible child protection issue, you may also want to contact Washington County Child Protection at 651-430-6457.
  • To register a complaint about an unlicensed provider who is operating illegally (caring for children from multiple families), please call Licensing at 651-430-8307.

Washington County is required to investigate all possible violations of child care licensing rules. The provider will be told of the allegations, but information pertaining to the reporter will be kept confidential.