Getting Started

bigstock-the-text-veterans-than-you-for-152406056-VetsSvs-GettingStartedPg-ComSvsFor most benefits, you will need to provide military personnel records. You can receive free copies of your discharge document and other military and medical records by:
Other documents you may need to get started:
  • Civilian medical records
  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificate
  • Identification card or proof of residency
  • Military medical records
  • Military personnel file
  • Death Certificate
Detailed Checklists – please reference for required documents and information: