Zinio is a digital magazine service that allows you to read popular magazines on a computer or mobile device. Issues are always available and there are no due dates. You just need a library card registered with Washington County Library.
Set up a WCL Zinio account to select magazines
1. Go to the WCL Zinio website.
2. Click Create Account at the top right.
3. Enter your Washington County Library barcode and click Next.
4. Enter your name, email address, and password. Click Create Account.
Select a magazine
1. Log in to the WCL Zinio website, using your email and password.
2. The covers of all available magazines from the library will display.
3. Click on the cover of the magazine you want to read.
4. On the title information page click Checkout. You can also checkout past issues.
5. Once checked out, you can read the issue or continue borrowing. To read, a new window opens to create a Zinio.com account.
Set up a Zinio.com account to read and manage magazines
1. Once you have created a WCL Zinio account, you must create a Zinio.com account.
2. Enter your first name, last name, email and password. Use the same email address as you did for the Library account that you’ve just set up. Click Continue.
3. The first time you’ll be asked to fill out a personal preferences form. Complete the personal preference form and click Submit.
4. After adding a magazine to your account, you can read it.
1. Go to Zinio.com.
2. Click Sign In at the top of the screen and enter your email and password. Click Log In.
3. Click on Your Library to view the magazines you've added to your account.
4. Click on the magazine cover to open and read.
Note: To get new issues of a title, you must log in to your WCL Zinio account and add the new issue to your Zinio.com account.
In addition to reading Zinio magazines through your web browser, you can read them through apps for PC, MAC, iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, Nook, Windows 8 devices, and Blackberry Playbook. These apps are available at the bottom of the WCL Zinio website.
Read magazines offline
To read magazines offline, follow these directions:
1. You must be online to select magazines and download them.
2. Follow the instructions to select a magazine.
3. Open the Zinio app on your mobile device and select a magazine to download.
4. When the download is complete, you can read that magazine offline.
5. Only magazines that have been downloaded through the app can be read offline.
To remove magazine issues from your account:
1. Log in to your Zinio.com account and click Your Library at the top of the page.
2. Click the Edit button near the top of the screen.
3. Click the Remove button under each issue.
Printing of magazine pages is available while reading on a computer. Printing is not available from a mobile device. On the page you wish to print, click the Print icon in the bottom left corner.
User Guides and Help
Read the User Guide for more information.
Watch the Zinio Overview video.
Need Help? Contact Zinio for Libraries Support.
Washington County Library magazine subscriptions in print and on Zinio.