- Your Government
- Advisory Boards and Committees
- Veterans Rest Camp Association
The purpose of the Disabled Veterans Rest Camp Association (DVRCA) Board of Directors is to administer and provide relief, welfare and recreational services at Veterans Campground on Big Marine Lake.
Veterans Campground is a year-round camp that has been providing recovery and recreational facilities and activities for military Veterans since 1926, with the majority of those served having a military-related disability. The camp provides activities and programs such as hiking, swimming, fishing, camping, etc. that bring Veterans together for recovery. The camp is also open to Veteran families and public guests.
Read more about history of Veterans Campground.
The DVRCA Board carries on its activities with funds received for furnishing, recreational facilities, services, and products. Responsibilities of the Board are, includes but is not limited to,:
- Maintain, manage, operate, and administer any and all property owned now or hereafter acquired for the use, benefit, and best interest of all veterans.
- Receive, acquire, hold, own, lease, manage, sell, and dispose of property of every kind, granted by the laws under which it is incorporated.
- Establish and publish certain rules and regulations to give priority consideration to people who have or are presently serving in the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Make and publish changes as deemed appropriate to comply with the general purpose as stated above.
Membership is limited to 13 persons, all of whom are veterans in good standing. Membership appointed are:
- Two members of veterans organizations and residents of Washington County and appointed by the Washington County Board of Commissioners.
- Three members appointed by the Disabled American Veterans of Ramsey County.
- Three members appointed by The American Legion of Ramsey County.
- Three members appointed by the V.F.W. of Ramsey County.
- Two members of veterans organizations located within Ramsey County and appointed by the Ramsey County Board of Commissioners.
Veterans must be in good standing.
Procedure for appointment
Applicants must complete the required application for appointment to this committee. Submit any background information requested.
The Washington County Board of Commissioners' appointments are for a three-year terms effective as of the annual meeting in January. The County Board of Commissioners certifies the appointee after a comprehensive review of the appointee's D.D. 214 prior to appointment.
Terms of office for the three members representing each of the three veterans organizations is for three-year terms, and terms will be staggered. Washington County appointees serve no more than two consecutive terms, not including any partial terms the appointee may serve.
The terms of office for each veteran appointed by the Ramsey County Board of Commissioners is for a two-year term.
The annual meeting is held in January at the Veterans Campground, 11300 180th Street North, Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota, 55047, or a meeting place directed by the board. The officers of this corporation are elected at the annual meeting.
During May 1 to September 30, this board meets the first and third Thursday of each month at the Veterans Camp. During October 1 to April 30, meetings are held once a month at various legion posts.
The officers and members serve without compensation.
The secretary and treasurer are compensated for their services rendered, and reimbursements for applicable services, such as:
- The advancement of funds.
- Ordinary and necessary expenses.
- Services performed in connection with carrying out the ordinary and necessary maintenance and upkeep in furtherance of conducting the business of this corporation.
This Board operates in accordance with the operating procedures established by the county.