- Your Government
- Advisory Boards and Committees
- Community Development Block Grant
CDBG Citizen Advisory Committee
Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) allow local governments to build stronger and more resilient communities by supporting community development activities. Washington County established the CDBG Citizen Advisory Committee to provide public input to and increase the accountability of the CDBG and HOME programs in Washington County.
Activities may address needs such as to provide decent housing, suitable living environment, and to expand economic opportunities, principally for low and moderate income persons.
The CDBG Citizen Advisory Committee will:
- Provide input on the needs of low and moderate income residents of Washington County.
- Provide input on Washington County housing and community development needs.
- Establish priorities relating to these needs.
- Review proposals to allocate the CDBG funds and make recommendations to the County Board.
- Review the Annual Action Plan and Five-Year Consolidated Plan, and make recommendations to the County Board.
- Review the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report.
- Revise, as necessary, the Citizen Participation Plan to provide for and encourage public participation in the Community Development Block Grant process.
Recommendations to the County Board are nonbinding, but the County Board will give full consideration.
The CDBG Citizen Advisory Committee consists of 11 voting members appointed by the County Board and two ex-officio members:
- Five citizen members (one from each commissioner district).
- One member from the Washington County Community Social Services Advisory Committee.
- One member from a nonprofit organization serving low and moderate income residents, persons with disabilities, or mentally-ill persons.
- Three members from the private sector.
- One member from the Washington County Housing and Redevelopment Authority Board of Commissioners: Public Assistance Housing representative.
- Two ex-officio members: the Washington County Housing coordinator and the Washington County Community Services Department director.
All members must reside in Washington County, or represent organizations or businesses serving residents of Washington County.
Preference is given to persons with the needs of, and issues facing, low and moderate income persons.
Procedure for appointment
Applicants must complete the required application for appointment to this committee. Submit any background information requested.
Committee members are appointed by the County Board for staggered three-year terms. The County Board may, at its discretion, replace committee members when, in the opinion of the board, it is in the best interests of the county.
Meetings are held at least four times annually, and more frequently if deemed necessary by the committee. Meetings are at the Government Center in Stillwater.
Election of officers
A chair and vice chair are elected annually. Elections occur at a regularly scheduled meeting during the first quarter of the calendar year.
Members of the CDBG Citizen Advisory Committee receive meeting per diem and mileage reimbursement at the rate established by the County Board.
This CDBG Citizens Advisory Committee operates in accordance with the operating procedures established by the county.