Washington County employs over 1,300 full and part-time employees with our core business being public safety, health and human services, environmental protection, planning, public assistance, transportation and physical development, libraries, taxation, and license centers.
Take a tour of the departments here and learn more about the many unique jobs Washington County has to offer.
All application materials (including Veteran's Preference documentation and supplemental material, if any) must be received by 11:59 p.m. CDT on the closing date of the posting. Late application materials will not be considered. Washington County is not responsible for failure of technology resulting in a missed deadline.
1. Visit our Current Job Openings
2. Click on the position title that you are interested in to view the job description and job announcement.
3. Select Apply on the job announcement. You will be prompted to sign in. If you have not already created an account or a profile, you must do so now. Be sure to save this login information for future access.
4. You may review and update your profile information at this time. You may also attach references, your resume, or other documents. Click Next at the bottom of each page to move through the entire process.
5. You will be prompted to answer the agency and supplemental questions. You are required to respond to questions noted with an asterisk. If you previously completed an application, your earlier responses may be shown. It is important to review and update these responses each time you apply for a job.
Tip! As you complete the online application and supplemental questionnaire for a county position, be sure to emphasize the skills and experience that prepared you most for the type of work for which you are applying. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered as part of the application screening process. Be specific when responding to questions. Do not combine answers or use "see above".
6. You will be asked to certify that the information you are submitting is true and accurate. Review the statement and click on Accept and Submit. You will receive confirmation that the application has been submitted.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Washington County.
To receive future job opening notifications, subscribe here.
Place a check in the box next to each job category for which you would like to receive email notifications, click the 'Subscribe' button, fill out the information, and then 'Submit'.
For next 12 months after you submit this form, you will receive an email notification each time a position opens with Washington County that matches one of the categories you've chosen.
Applying for Veterans' Preference Points
If you are applying for veterans' preference points, you must use the Veterans' Preference Application Form. Fill out the form in its entirety following the instructions provided:
Alternatively, you may email, mail, fax, or deliver the Veterans' Preference Application and supporting documents in person, as long as they are received in our office by the job's closing date.
Washington County is an equal opportunity organization and employer.