District 2 - Stan Karwoski
About District 2
District 2 includes:
About the Commissioner
Stan Karwoski was elected in a special election in November 2016 to serve District 2, and was sworn in as the District 2 commissioner Dec. 6.
Karwoski, a native of St. Paul, has lived in Oakdale since 1987. He is married, and has four adult children, and two grandchildren. He is a retired 38-year employee of Graco, Inc., where he was a principal designer. He holds five design patents.
Karwoski was serving his fourth term on the Oakdale City Council when elected mayor in 2014. He is past president and current member of the 622 Education Foundation, and past chairman and member of the Washington County Park and Open Space Commission. He also has served with the Yellow Ribbon Network, Oakdale’s planning-park commission, and served as a student reading and robotics mentor.
2018 Committee Appointments
- Washington County
- Association of Minnesota Counties
- Board of Directors as District X Representative
- Transportation Policy Committee
- East Metro Strong Board
- Gateway Corridor Commission
- Metropolitan Emergency Services Board (Alternate)
- Metropolitan Transportation Advisory Board (Alternate)
- Minnesota Inter-County Association
- National Association of Counties
- Environment, Energy and Land Use Steering Committee
- Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy Board (Alternate)
- Yellow Ribbon Network of Washington County