District 1 - Fran Miron
About District 1
District 1 includes:
About the Commissioner
Commissioner Fran Miron was elected to the County Board from District 1 in 2012, and was reelected in 2016 and 2020.
Commissioner Miron has 25 years of experience in elected office, 16 years as the Mayor of Hugo, and four years as a city councilmember. He is a graduate of Forest Lake Area High School, and holds a bachelor of science degree from the University of Minnesota. He and his wife own and operate the Miron Family Dairy & Crop Farm.
In addition to serving as mayor, Commissioner Miron's farming background creates a special interest in the importance of expanding and retaining small businesses, conserving open spaces, and planning for growth. He has served in numerous civic service organizations, including the University of Minnesota Extension Service, and is a director on the Forest Lake Community Scholarship Foundation board. He also served on a multi-jurisdictional transportation coalition which guided the construction of the Interstate 35E interchange, and chaired the Hugo Economic Development Authority. He has also been involved in a number of agricultural organizations, and his family has won farm and conservation awards.
2022 Committee Appointments
- Washington County
- Association of Minnesota Counties
- Agricultural & Rural Development Advisory Committee
- Environment and Natural Resources Advisory Committee
- Extension Committee
- Local Government Water Roundtable Advisory Committee
- East Central Regional Juvenile Center (Alternate)
- Lower St. Croix Watershed Policy Committee
- Metropolitan Emergency Services Board
- Metropolitan Emergency Services Board Executive Committee
- Metropolitan Mosquito Control District
- Minnesota Inter-County Association (MICA) (Alternate)
- Ramsey / Washington Recycling & Energy Board
- Rush Line Corridor Task Force